Monday, March 26, 2007

26 March 07 - still looking for biodegradable bags

I am still on the lookout for biodegradable plastic bags to put the used cat litter in. To put the used cat litter in, when I have finished the daily emptying of the cat litter, that is. For the cats are old, and are now on special diets, the sort that are labelled 'Perscription Only', have unfriendly names like 'KD' and 'ES' and come in large bags costing around £33.00 for a month or two's supply.

The cats, being fussy - dare I say neurotic? - little animals, like to see their bowls refreshed on a daily basis, and it was only recently I realised I could fool them into thinking I had done this, whereas I hadn't, by taking the bowl away and returning with exactly the same bowl and a big welcoming smile on my face, as if to say "here you are Puss, I've got you a new bowl of food", and just to be sure actually saying "here you are Puss, I've got you a new bowl of food".

Since then I have discovered there is more than one way to fool a cat, to coin a phrase. Removing the bowl and shuffling the contents around seems to work just as well. Sometimes this maneuver can even be performed right in front of the poor creature's eyes.

The question is, am I being cruel to the cats?

Anyway, I still need somewhere to put the used cat litter (which is itself made from biodegradable wood) so that it can return to the Earth it came from, as one day we all will.

Any ideas?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home