Thursday, March 08, 2007

8 Feb 07: Dishwasher - it wasn't the timer

What a relief! It wasn't the timer at all that was causing the dishes to be covered in specks of something that looked like dried muesli. A quick trip to the Bosch website and I found a video explaining how I might start to take the dishwasher apart and address the problem at source.

'The problem' turned out to be a blockage in one of the water jets the dishwasher so relies on to get the dishes clean and sparkling. And we'd been concentrating on the filter all along! What fools we were!

I could tell by the confidence with which Bosch were telling me this that it had a good a chance of succeeding, and they were right. Five minutes of home maintenance and the dishwasher is as good as new.

So, it wasn't the timer after all. Once I get round to it I will certainly put the dishwasher back onto the night timer, in the safe knowledge that our crockery, cutlery and so on will come out as sparkling as if we had set the machine on during the daytime.

I can't wait!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home