Thursday, February 15, 2007

6 Feb 07: The organic box is back!

Great news - we're back on the organic box after a gap of about two years. Last time we hit paydust with the idea due to a lack of commitment - mostly by myself - to using up all the organics with clever meal planning and creative use of the cooker.

In this respect I fell down on the meal planning and use of the cooker, preferring to prepare ready-made meals such as eggs and breakfast cereal. After all, I grew up on this, so it is in effect my natural diet.

Anyway, for some reason we decided to return to our organic delivery. Last week was the first of our new life. The signs are encouraging so far - everything got used up, and in addition the locally-produced, organic oranges that didn't have to travel too far tasted noticeably better than those bought -usually wrapped in cling film - from the supermarket. Those things travel so far it's a miracle they don't get jet-lag when they arrive here.

I have to say it wasn't by my merit that we managed to get through our organics in the first week of the scheme, and Beloved deserves a mention here.

Other notable events - I forgot to bring my teacup to the tea shop again, so had to consume another paper cup. Although I keep these, after I while I always seem to accumulate too many, and out they go.

Are paper cups 'paper' in recycling terms. I'll have to find out.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger mcduff said...

Gidday,
As a reward [?] for joining up at Aust.'s Envirotalk I thought I'd visit your blog.
Ok I'm here.
Seems nice.
Now what?
mac

11:34 am  
Blogger Benzoylation said...

looks like we have gone over to the next page...

Lucky it's all electronic huh?

10:13 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home