Wednesday, February 07, 2007

21 Jan 07: Should I flush the client's loo?

I wouldn't do it in my own home, so why do it at work? Yet somehow the idea of not flushing the loo when at a client's site seems like letting the side down.

I'm only talking about wees here.

There is a sign on the wall requesting that we leave the little room in the condition we'd like to find it, and I'm not being true to myself. I'd like to find it with every toilet seat up, the bright yellow wee proudly announcing environmental responsibility to one and all. After all, every flush uses up two gallons of precious water resource, or whatever it is.

Somehow leaving all the loos unflushed doesn't seem that - well, corporate. So far I chicken out.

I still don't know which is more eco-friendly: drying my hands with a paper towel (throw-away, bad) or using the cloth towel (needs laundering) which no one ever seems to replace but always seems to work.

Still using the printer more than I feel I should be. Mind you, the printer has been set up to print double-sided unless you ask it not to, and has learnt to switch itself off. That's pretty responsible, so I don't feel quite so bad about it.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Benzoylation said...

Yes! Generally in other people's houses people tend to flush loos. But not so in public/union/school buildings. I read a fascinating article in new scientist about getting potassium back by a process termed "pee-cycling"

10:11 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home