Sunday, January 28, 2007

16 Jan 06 Went to an interfaith dialogue group

I went to an interfaith dialogue group today. That's my new thing. I mean, learning to actually listen to each other seems better than trying to prove how wrong anyone else is. By pure change the topic of discussion (there always is one!) was 'sustainability'. I honestly thought it was going to be about how long we can sustain these old religions, but it was about the environment. I can tell you, I don't often get the chance to kill two rhetorical birds with one stone, but I did today. So what are religions going to do about the environmental decline? Can they take a lead? Can they manage to inspire others to 'do the right thing'? I hope so, but from what I see most of our religious leaders have a way to go in terms of what you might call 'earth consciousness'. On the other hand, some more than others. Not to mention the rest of us.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home